Monday, April 29, 2013

PHOTOS From My Plays that Seriously Make Me Wish I Had Seen the Production!

Hello, and welcome to Theater is a Sport.  My name is Bobby Keniston, and, if you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I am a playwright for the youth and community theater markets.  I have been fortunate to have plays produced in about 38 states at last count, as well as having productions in Canada and Australia.  Obviously, I do not have the means to travel and see all of these different productions, but, when I'm lucky, theater groups will send me really awesome pictures that make me wish I truly could have seen them.  Just having the pictures, though, is a great treat.  So, I thought that I would share some photos with you all today from some of the productions that have been done of my plays!

I figured I'd start with one of the most recent, End of the Movie, as produced by the Reedy Point Players in Delaware.  Here are some awesome photos from that the production: 

Emily Ciuffetelli and Kevin Austra


I feel very fortunate to have had such a great group put on my show,
and, judging by the pictues, it is clear that the director had a very nice vision of the piece, and the actors look so wonderfully intense.  Definitely wish I could have gotten to Delaware to see this show.  However, I feel lucky to have struck up a nice friendship via facebook with these really cool folks.




Here's some pictures of my play The Dark Tower as performed by the Pope Theater Boosters in Marietta, GA.  There were dozens and dozens of shots, so I pass along the very favorites out of many favorites:

Pope Theater Boosters, Marietta, GA
Roland, a warrior, and Nimue, the Lady of the Lake
Roland saying goodbye to his dying wife, Susannah
While I could share many more from this group, I shall move on.

Here are some really cool shots from my play Frankie and the Gingerbread Boy as presented by UMEI Christian High School in ON, Canada.  Really cool group of kids, many of which sent me lovely e-mails about being in this really challenging show.  I loved these pictures!


The Greek Chorus:  Victor, Mary, and Shel

Frankie with her creation on the baking table, Ginger
Love this picture of the end of "Frankie and the Gingerbread Boy"--- very cool and eerie
Okay, this is is a small sampling of the pictures I have been sent over the last few years.  I will post more as time goes by.  If you're interested in learning more about these plays, I made their titles links to read more about them. 

I want to thank these great community and school groups for choosing my plays, and for sharing their hard work with me.  It makes me proud and happy to be a playwright whenever I see pictures like these.

Thanks, and, remember--- Theater is a Sport!  Just look at the people in these photos if you don't believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment